Herbal Oils for Acne Scarring
Herbal Oils for Acne Scarring: Few things can make someone feel as helpless and embarrassed as pimples.
The pimples and bumps associated with acne are on display for friends, potential partners, and strangers to observe, unlike many chronic conditions that are not immediately apparent to others. Unfortunately, blemishes can often leave scars that remain for a long time and continue to impact self-confidence even after they have healed.
Finding the Root Cause of Acne
Acne outbreaks are frequently indicators that something in our life is out of balance. Our inside health is reflected in the condition of our skin, and interior overburden is frequently the cause of the inflammation and infection that we refer to as acne.
Numerous cases of acne may be a sign that the lungs, liver, or digestive tract are overworked and forcing our skin to expel toxins or waste.
The procedure of recognizing these sources of overload is crucial, in addition to employing herbal facial oils to repair the scarring process.
Most Frequent Sources
Here are four of the most frequent sources of overload that I’ve observed in my 25-year career as a clinical herbalist.
- The liver and bowels are unable to keep up with the body’s need to clear the waste from the various hormone producing processes, thus it manifests on the skin.
- This kind of topical exposure can contribute since it can increase any excess in the detoxification pathways and cause irritation at the skin’s surface.
There isn’t a universal explanation for what causes acne in each individual because the precise source of excess differs from person to person.
If a holistic practitioner is not an option for you, you can become your own private eye and follow the indications that point to your unique triggers in order to discover the reason of your particular issue.
Keep track of when flares happen and record your diet, sugar or alcohol intake, medications, bowel movements, and sources of topical chemical exposure. Analyze patterns. Once a probable trigger has been located, try to eliminate it to observe what occurs.
Herbal Oils for Scarring from Acne
Numerous oils infused with herbs can aid in lowering the likelihood of acne scarring.
They must, however, be applied at the appropriate stage of the body’s healing process.
- When oil is applied to an acne sore that is erupting, dirt is drawn to the infection, which slows healing.
- Additionally, if you wait until the skin has recovered, the scars can already be visible.
- You’ll have the most luck with herbal face oils just when the acne has dried up and the skin is starting to heal naturally, even though I’ve seen herbal face oils lessen the visibility of old acne scars.
- Years of dealing with clients have convinced me that oil is not the enemy of acne-prone skin. In case there were any residual doubts.
- In fact, over-cleansing and drying the skin. Which aggravates itchiness and causes the body to create more sebum, are my main concerns. Herb-infused oils gently hydrate and rejuvenate skin while promoting healthy sebum production.
- Here are two tried-and-true recipes of clinical herbal practise to maintain their beautiful skin.
- Whole herbs are incorporating into a carrier oil to create herb-infused oils (not to be confusing with essential oils. Which are making through a distillation process)
- Calendula is the best herb for moderate inflammation, and comfrey is a good herb for skin cell renewal.
How the herbs are useful:
- St. John’s wort: Stimulates healing and decreases inflammation
- Comfrey: encourages skin cell renewal
- An astringent that aids in removing toxins and impurities is plantain.
- Calendula is excellent for mild irritation.
Also Read: Citronella Oil and Its Advantages