Reason Walking Is Better Than Coffee
Reason Walking Is Better Than Coffee : Reaching for a cup of coffee first object in the morning and again in the middle of the day when you need a pick-me-up may quickly turn into a habit. Instead, give lacing up your walking shoes a shot.
According to research, a stroll may be even healthier for you if you need an energy boost than a cup of coffee.
- Affording to a study from the University of Georgia in Athens, respondents felt more energised after walking for 10 minutes in a stairway at a low to moderate intensity than after consuming 50mg of caffeine, which is equal to half a cup of coffee or somewhat more than a can of soda. More than 20 minutes of walking, according to other research, helps people feel more energised.
- The author of both research, Patrick O’Connor, PhD, a lecturer of kinesiology at the University of Georgia, says: “The best evidence suggests that exercise generates changes in brain neurotransmitters, which play a role in enhancing energy.” Norepinephrine, dopamine, serotonin, or histamine in the brain are probably implicated.
WHY WALKING RULES OUT COFFEE
1. IT IMPROVES YOUR OVERALL HEALTH
- Going for a walk is an effective way to maintain or improve your health and a quick way to feel more alert in the present when done regularly.
- Regular exercise, especially walking, helps you feel more awake, recovers mood, cardiovascular health, and recall function, says Dr. John-Paul Rue, a sports medicine expert at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, Maryland.
2. IT HELPS TO CHANGE YOUR SCENERY
- According to Dallas-based certified personal trainer Alysa Boan, “when we get up to walk, we alter our environment, which is a terrific mental reset.” Stress is frequently the cause of fatigue or a lack of attention, the author continues.
- “Walking outside for just 10 minutes can reduce stress more effectively than drinking coffee.”
3. IT DOESN’T INTERFERE WITH SLEEP
- Joselyne John, RN, a trained sleep science coach located in Vancouver, British Columbia, says caffeine, especially in the late afternoon or evening, can cause sleep disturbance, leaving you weary and less productive the next day.
- “Taking a stroll will probably improve your quality of sleep, giving you more energy and attention during the day. Additionally, walking provides you an opportunity to be outside and experience light, which can help balance your circadian cycle, which in turn affects how well you sleep.
4. IT DOESN’T HAVE ANY SIDE-EFFECTS
- A quick walk doesn’t involve any drugs that can affect your body negatively or positively.
- In moderation, caffeine has been shown to increase levels of alertness and focus, but too much can cause jitters, sleeplessness, nausea, and irritability, according to Boan. None of these adverse effects are associated with brisk walking.
5. IT’S CALORIE-FREE
- Your coffee or soda could be a calorie (and sugar) bomb if it’s ordinary soda or coffee that isn’t black. For a variety of health advantages, Jo argues that engaging in physical exercise is preferable to drinking a beverage. Particularly if the coffee being consumed is enhanced with cream and sugar.
- While drinking sweetened coffee drinks frequently can contribute to weight gain, walking is a fantastic technique to help weight loss.
Also Read: Jojoba Oil Benefits Liquid Gold for Skin