This list includes the names of well-known leading ladies who have worked or are now working in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India’s Kollywood, the home of the Tamil actress film industry.
- On September 7, 1925, Bhanumathi Ramakrishna was born in Doddavaram, Madras Presidency, British India. She was an actress and director best known for her work on the films Chandirani (1953), Laila Majnu (1949), and (1953).
- Before this, she was wed to P.S. Ramakrishna Rao. She passed away in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, on December 24, 2005.
- In Travancore, British India’s Thiruvananthapuram, Padmini was born on June 12, 1932. She was an actress and director well known for the films Poove Poochudava, Thillana Mohanambal, and Kaajal (1965). (1985).
- Before this, she was wed to Dr. K. T. Ramachandran. She passed away in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, on September 24, 2006.
- On December 12, 1931, Sowcar Janaki was born in Madras Presidency, East Godavari district, British India.
- She is a producer and actress best known for her roles in Pudhiya Paravai (1972), Thiruneelakantar (1972), and Iru Kodugal (1969). (1964).
- On February 24, 1948, Jayalalitha J was born in Mandya, Mysore State, India.
- She was well-known for her roles in Suryagandhi, Pattikada Pattanama, and Shri Krishna Satya in 1971. (1973). She passed away on December 5, 2016, in Chennai, Tamil actress Nadu, India.
- On November 30, 1948, in Trivandrum, Travancore, India, K.R.
- Vijaya was born. She is a producer and actress best known for her roles in Ashtalakshmi Vaibhavamu (1966), Paramanandayya Shishyula Katha (1966), and Iru Malargal (1967). (1986).
The Sridevi was born on August 13, 1963, in Sivakasi, Tamil Nadu, India, where her father was born. Her mother came from the Andhra Pradesh city of Tirupati. Sridevi spoke Tamil actress and Telugu as a child. She has a stepbrother named Satish and a sister named Srilatha. Her mother went away in 1997, while her father died in 1991.
She debuted in 1967 as a child performer in the Tamil film “Kandhan Karunai,” marking her career’s beginning. However, she also played a young actress in the Malayalam film “Kumara Sambhavan” in 1969 and the Telugu film “Bangarakka” in 1977.
She made her debut on the Bollywood silver screen in 1975 as a young actor in the blockbuster “Julie,” in which she portrayed the lead actress’s younger sister. She then only began to play adult parts in Hindi in 1979. However, she made appearances in 63 Hindi, 62 Telugu, 58 Tamil, and 21 Malayalam films during her career, which lasted from 1967 to 2007.
With Kamal Hasan in Tamil films from 1977 to 1983 and Jeetendra in Hindi films from 1983 to 1988:
- Sridevi built a solid onscreen rapport that aided her entry into the Hindi film industry.
- In Telugu and Kannada films from 1978 to 1985, she played the love interest of prominent actors NTR, ANR, Krishna Ghattamaneni, and Visnuvardhan. She had four hits with Rajesh Khanna, and from the late 1980s to 1996, she and Anil Kapoor were a well-liked duo.
- However, she gained popularity across India due to the 1983–1990 Hindi remakes of Tamil films produced and directed by the same team that had produced the original southern version, and in which she was paired with Rajesh Khanna or Jeetendra.
- She has also starred in the T.V. show “Malini Iyer,” judged the T.V. program “Kaboom,” and been featured in several print and television commercials. She also serves on the Asian Academy of Film & Television’s board of directors.
- On June 2, 1996, Sridevi wed Boney, the older brother of her co-star Anil Kapoor. Jhanvi and Khushi, their two kids, are currently living with them.
- In 2012, she returned to the big screen with “English Vinglish.”
- She died on February 24, 2018, after accidentally drowning in a bathtub while staying at the Jumeirah Emirates Towers hotel in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, where she was attending the wedding of Bollywood actor Mohit Marwah. She was born in 1954.
- On August 21, 1963, Radhika Sarathkumar was born in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Her acting credits include Nyayam Kavali (2015), Thanga Magan (2015), and Sarfarosh (1999). (1981).
- Since 2001, she has been wed to R. Sarathkumar. Prathap Pothen and Richard Hardy were her previous husbands.
- Telugu moviegoers adore her. In total, she appeared in 175 films: 121 Telugu, 39 Tamil, 6 Hindi, 5 Kannada, then 4 Malayalam. When she was 13 years old, she began her profession. Bharti Raja directed her first film, “Kallukkul Earam” (Tamil, 1979).
- She costarred with ‘Krishna,’ a superstar in Telugu cinema, in her debut film, Khiladi Krishnudu (1979). She is an actress with a lot of talent. However, she excelled at playing glamorous characters in mainstream films.
- She also did a great job portraying serious characters in movies with a message. She was the best actress winner of four Telugu Nandi Awards and one Indian National Award.
- In Eluru, Andhra Pradesh, India, on December 2, 1960, Silk Smitha was born. She was a producer and actress best known for her work on the films Kiraathakudu (1986), Sonthakkaran (1989), and Gudachari No (1983).
- In Madras, India, on September 23, 1996, she passed away.
- Actress Suhasini Mani Ratnam has won numerous awards for her work in a variety of languages. She began her career as a camera assistant before transitioning into acting.
- She has since starred in a number of critically praised movies, such as Vanaprastham, Swathi Bandhana, and Sindhu Bhairavi. However, she won a National Award for her work in Sindhu Bhairavi. Indra, a 1996 Tamil actress film, was directed by her.
- She is a talented writer who has written the dialogue for a number of movies, including Thiruda Thiruda, Iruvar, and Raavanan.
- Tabu is an actress from India. She has acted primarily in Hindi movies, but she has also appeared in movies in Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Marathi, and Bengali, as well as one American movie.
- However, she has the record for the most victories of Filmfare’s Critics Award for Best Female Performer, with four, and has won the National Film Award for Best Actress thrice.
- She is best recognised for her roles in creative, low-budget movies that rarely make big money at the box office but instead receive high praise from critics. Her roles in commercially successful movies like Border (1997), Saajan Chale Sasural (1996), Biwi No. 1 (1999), and Hum Saath-Saath Hain were rare and minor (1999).
- Maachis (1996), Virasat (1997), Hu Tu Tu (1999), Astitva (2000), Chandni Bar (2001), Maqbool (2003), and Cheeni Kum are some of her most well-known roles (2007). She received a lot of accolades for her performance as the lead in Mira Nair’s 2006 American film The Namesake.
- Tabu, one of the most gifted Indian actresses of her time, is renowned for choosing her movie assignments carefully.
- Her services to the arts earned her the Padma Shri, India’s fourth-highest civilian honour, from the Indian government in 2011.
Also Read: Best Oils For Hair